How to Protect Your Business From Cyber Threats
Cybercrime cases are increasing day by day, and the only thing you can do to save yourself and your company is to have robust cybersecurity.
You have to be more vigilant; otherwise, your company will become the next victim. No one wants that thing, right? So, before moving further, the very first thing is awareness. You should know what is cyber-attack and how you can become a victim? Then only you will be able to increase the security level.
In simple words, a cyberattack is stealing, destroying, altering, exposing, your data or making this data, related service or / infra unavailable. Hackers will hack your website and will steal the confidential information of your company or of your clients. This can happen on small as well as large levels.
There are several different types of cyber threats that can hit your organization. Most important of them are:
- Malwares / Ransomware
- Impersonation & BEC
- Application Attacks
- OT / IOT Attacks
- Supply chain attacks
- Attacks at Cloud Infra
- DOS / DDOS
We just had a look at the problem, so now is the time to have a glimpse of the solution. The only solution to this problem is to have comprehensive security in place. When we say comprehensive, it means not to focus on one domain of cyber security but to cover the gaps across the board.
While talking of comprehensive security, at high level, we need you to put focus on all of the following areas:
- Network Security – securing your network infra
- Endpoint Security – securing your endpoints (laptops, desktops, servers)
- Application Security – securing your applications (web app, mobile app, db etc.)
- Messaging Security – securing your communication (email, chat etc.)
- Mobile Security – securing your mobile devices
- Data Security – securing your data lying across & passing different stages of it’s lifecycle
- Cloud Security – securing your cloud adoption which can be in form of IaaS, PaaS or SaaS
- Identity & Access Management – governing your user identities & their access
- SOC Ops & IR – to have a robust detection & incident response mechanism in place to deal with any possible breach / attack
- Governance, Risk & Compliance – managing all information security risks & meeting all compliance requirements
- Vendor Assessment – securing organization from any spillover effect as part of supply chain attack
- Awareness & Trainings – educating all employees with cyber risks & how they need to adopt secure culture.
If you take care of all the things mentioned above, you will be able to provide the necessary protection to your business and its data. You may think why I need to focus on all areas & if I stick to few of them which are important. Answer is NO. All of them are important. The hard fact is that an attacker doesn’t need you to be weak on all front but what he need is just one weak spot. If you are ignoring any of these area, an attacker may exploit that to launch an attack on your organization.
If you don’t have in-house skillset to design & implement comprehensive cybersecurity for your environment, a small search in google for top VCISO in Delhi NCR or for top cybersecurity consultants in Delhi NCR or for top cybersecurity companies in Delhi NCR or for your region will list a few cyber security experts around you who can help you with design & implement it for your company. We (Cybersec Knights) are also one of them. If you need any help, then feel free to contact us.